The Walls of Jericho, by Alfred Sutro, was the Dramatic Section’s first ever production, performed at the Co-operative Hall, for two nights in December 1924.
This was followed, in 1925, by His House in Order, by Arthur Wing Pinero (see the poster on the Timeline). In 1926, the Dramatic Section produced Alias Jimmy Valentine, by Paul Armstrong; two performances were increased to four, and the last night proved a sell-out. Unfortunately, The Government Inspector, by Gogol, translated by Constance Garnett, was a flop the following year!
In 1928, the Dramatic Section moved to the more luxurious accommodation of the new Picture House, for a two year spell. The theatre returned to the Co-operative Hall in 1930, and again in October 1936 and March 1937 (after leaving the Band Pavilion, and before setting up home in the Ground Floor).