The Dramatic Sub-section expanded its programme to include evenings of one-act plays, to give acting opportunities to a greater number and to allow more experimental work. In 1928, The Bear, The House with the Twisty Windows, and Master Wayfarer were presented in the Co-operative Hall. The following year, the theatre presented The Price of Coal, The Old Lady Shows her Medals, and Suppressed Desires, which were performed at The Picture House, 28 February-1 March 1929 https://hblt.co.uk/archive-items/three-one-act-plays-1929.
The first production following the move to the Band Pavilion, was a series of one-act plays: Square Pegs, Thread o’ Scarlet, and The Proposal, in January 1931.
One-act plays were produced throughout the 1930s and 1940s. See also: https://hblt.co.uk/archive-items/one-act-plays-1943-2