Welcome to Hebden Bridge Little Theatre
Hebden Bridge Little Theatre was formed in 1924 and has been producing plays almost continuously ever since, in places as various as the Co-operative Hall, the Picture House, the Band Rooms on the park, and for a prolonged period (1937–1977) in the Ground Floor of the Trades Club.
This came to an end when we decided to create our own premises by converting a coach garage on the present Holme Street site – a seventy seat, ‘little theatre’ in the truest sense.
For more than a decade audiences warmed to its intimate atmosphere, but it eventually became so dilapidated we had to embark on a major fund-raising and building project, that culminated in the opening of the present 120 seat theatre in 1993.
The society’s logo, devised in the thirties, depicts art rising out of industry. The chimneys may have disappeared, but Hebden Bridge Little Theatre, in its latest, permanent home, is here to stay.
© Bruce Cutts