The Walls of Jericho, by Alfred Sutro
The first production by the Dramatic Sub-Section of the Literary and Scientific Society, at The Co-operative Hall, 3rd and 5th December 1924.
A profit of over £17 was made, equivalent to over £700 today.
NB The rather grandiloquent advert, features alongside one for the new Trades Club, also founded in 1924. The theatre and the Trades Club have a considerable shared history since then, notably in the years, 1937-77.