The Dramatic Sub-Section moved to the new Picture House, from the Co-operative Hall, in 1928, and remained there for three years (1928-30). This was the first private hire of the cinema since its opening in 1921.
The first production was Milestones, by Arnold Bennett and Edward Noblock, which had large audiences for three nights. Subsequent years saw productions of Three One-Act Plays, A Bill of Divorcement, and Nine-Forty-Five, which were not as successful, making it necessary to find a less expensive hall.
The Little Theatre returned to the Picture House again, in the late 1970s and early 1980s, performing five more plays there, during a period of temporary homelessness.