The Black and White Cafe, New Road, near the Picture House (hidden by the hoardings).
Inspection of the posters allows us to date the photo to 1934.
The Cafe was subsequently moved to the end of Holme Street, to become the Den-Roy coach garage, and converted into a 70 seat Little Theatre in 1983.
Also pictured: The Bowling Green, by the canal, Holme Street, the future site of the Little Theatre. These photos also date from the 1930s.