In 1931, the Hebden Bridge Band generously offered the Little Theatre the loan of its premises, at ‘a very nominal fee, with the additional privilege of making any structural alterations which our needs demanded’. This arrangement came to an end when the Town Council decided to buy the ground on which the Bandroom stood, in order to make the Recreation Ground at Calder Holmes. In 1937, after a twelve month search, the theatre found a new home in the ground floor of the Trades Club.
The Bandroom is the single-storey building in the park, next to Holme House. The image is taken from a postcard, postmarked August 1915. In the foreground is Riverside School, opened in 1909.